[Tagging] Decorative flower fields? (not as a crop?)

johnw johnw at mac.com
Fri Nov 6 13:09:44 UTC 2015

> On Nov 4, 2015, at 8:51 PM, Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> I think it's not that different to a cutline for instance, which is one of the most used values in man_made

You are right, since it is a place where the land is cleared, a cutline is a clearing in the woods. Similar to clearcut too. but both of those are based removal of existing natural items - the absence of the original - not the growth/presence of new plants.

Many of the “growth of new plants” tags are inside Landuse (forest, meadow, farmland, orchard - which are all the more similar to a flowerbed)

I was thinking natural=flowers because so many of the values are heavily altered/managed by man (rivers, streams, scrub, etc), but are still considered natural.

Perhaps landuse=flowerbed or landcover=flowers is the best solution.

Thoughts?