[Tagging] Does Google lack data?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Fri Nov 13 08:30:10 UTC 2015

> I've been surprised when Searching Google for Щорса Кричев
> <https://www.google.be/?gws_rd=ssl#q=%D0%A9%D0%BE%D1%80%D1%81%D0%B0+%D0%9A%D1%80%D0%B8%D1%87%D0%B5%D0%B2>
> to find the result Остановка - Щорса - Кричев - WikiRoutes.info
> <http://wikiroutes.info/stops/220767>
> which is a map containing the Google Logo but an OSM map (and Copyright,
> is the logo decent?).

the Google logo is there because they use the Google API to display the
map.
It is a requirement from the Google API. You can see it here in the source
code:
 <script type="text/javascript" src="
https://maps.googleapis.com/maps/api/js?key=...&libraries=geometry,places&sensor=true&language=ru
"></script>

I agree that this leads to situations where "normal" map consumers
presumably have difficulties to understand that the map is not from Google.

Also the attribution on this map should be improved, because it doesn't
contain a link to osm or to our license (as far as I see).

Cheers,
Martin