[Tagging] Opening hours, default for public holidays

Stephan Knauss osm at stephans-server.de
Fri Nov 20 09:50:12 UTC 2015

Hello Robin,

thanks for referring to the previous discussion. Seems I had missed that.

As a "global" default won't work due to the arguments mentioned, how about making it easier for the data consumers?

We still face the problem that a lot of opening hours are incompletely specified.  So for example the opening hours js library could display a warning in case of a public holiday and missing explicit specification in the tags. Would give a heads up notice to be more cautious with the data.

Is there already an osmose category existing to find incomplete opening hours?

Stephan