[Tagging] Opening hours, default for public holidays

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Fri Nov 20 09:52:31 UTC 2015

In Belgium banks are closed on public holidays, even some special ones
like July 11 (only Flemish part).

Bakeries on the other side are typically open on Sundays and public
holidays. Even when the public holiday falls on their usual closing
day.
Butchers are closed on Sundays and PHs, but typically not around
Christmas and New Year, where they might be open for a couple of hours
so people can pick up the food they ordered.

Indeed, a very tricky matter depending on country, the type of shop,
amenity, etc.
Take a look at this museum http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/94177190
(always closed on Mondays and only open on some public holidays)

regards