[Tagging] improve tagging of traffic_calming

Gerd Petermann GPetermann_muenchen at hotmail.com
Fri Nov 20 17:50:55 UTC 2015

I am not sure what you mean.

We have > 1.600.000 nodes which are tagged highway=crossing.

We have ~213.000 nodes tagged as traffic_calming.

I don't know if a zebra crossing should be called traffic calming,

but it is typically tagged highway=crossing, and in rare cases

also with traffic_calming=*.

When I find a node that is tagged highway=traffic_calming,

crossing=uncontrolled,traffic_calming=table and Bing shows

a zebra crossing I think that highway=crossing is a good

replacement for highway=traffic_calming.

The node is part of a highway, so an additional tag highway=traffic_calming

on the node is obsolete, and the wiki doesn't say anything

about adding sucha tag when mapping a traffic_calming.

Gerd