[Tagging] highway=crossing not rendered on Mapnik (& others)

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Sun Nov 22 23:30:38 UTC 2015

> On Nov 23, 2015, at 8:20 AM, Tom Pfeifer <t.pfeifer at computer.org> wrote:
>
> I would not say so, I know a lot in Germany. Often they are on-demand.

+1

They are rare in California (IMO), but there are some here in Japan. In the discussion with Signal labels, one of Tomoya's examples of "junction names" was a pedestrian crossing controlled by a signal.

However, we also have a decent amount of plain zebra crossings mid-block (so not near an intersection) with no traffic control too.

Javbw