[Tagging] highway=crossing not rendered on Mapnik (& others)

Richard Mann richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com
Mon Nov 23 10:01:01 UTC 2015

Yeah, not unknown elsewhere, but I'd still say the UK has a much higher
density of mid-block signalled crossings (and contrariwise, rather fewer
signalled junctions).

Anyway, I wouldn't say that
highway=traffic_signals+crossing=traffic_signals is wrong for a crossing,
just typical of a tagging approach that focuses on the impact on the
driver, rather than the opportunities for pedestrians. Since there's no
information loss, that's probably fair enough.

Crossings are rendered in the cyclemap, though they use the same symbol for
all types of crossings:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/51.74895/-1.23984&layers=C

Richard