[Tagging] highway=crossing not rendered on Mapnik (& others)

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Tue Nov 24 08:12:38 UTC 2015

On Sun, Nov 22, 2015 at 4:24 PM, Richard Mann <
richard.mann.westoxford at gmail.com> wrote:

> You may or may not know, but mid-block signalled crossings are a bit of a
> UK-specific phenomenon. In many other countries (in Europe, anyway),
> signalled crossings are part of junctions.

Eeh, it's common enough in North America to be a thing.  There's a midblock
signal about two blocks from my office, they're somewhat common in Oregon
and Oklahoma near schools (particularly for crossings on state highways),
and they're so frequent in western Canada that they have a flashing green
ball indication to warn motorists that the signal is pedestrian controlled
(and I believe the flashing green ball also doubles as a walk signal for
the direction it faces when it's at an intersection).