[Tagging] new access value

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Oct 6 21:11:34 UTC 2015

> On Oct 6, 2015, at 8:48 PM, Friedrich Volkmann <bsd at volki.at> wrote:
>
> So if "destination" excludes off-wanderers and sightseers, what tag do you
> use when you need to include them?

Yes/permissive under general.

If I am free to come up park my car for any reason and wander about, that is pretty damn permissive.

I may be wrong, but the signage you are describing is very interesting to me because in general it doesn't exist in the US. Usually private residential streets (not driveways) are still access=yes/permissive unless there is a gate (I lived adjacent to one w/o a gate), and parking on busy streets/ neighborhoods is done with permits - but the road itself is permissive.

They will have a "pass at your own risk" sign for legal purposes at the ends of the road.

If they don't want you to use a road as a shortcut through a neighborhood, the city puts a turn restriction on the intersection (either 24h or for a certain time of day), which the public road I lived on had, to keep people from bypassing an annoying stop sign on a trunk road where people have to wait in the morning.

If there is some sign that says "residents and people with business with residents only" - that sounds an awful lot like access=destination.

Javbw