[Tagging] Parcel box tagging

Daniel Koć daniel at xn--ko-wla.pl
Tue Oct 6 21:31:09 UTC 2015

I was looking for a proper tagging scheme for a parcel box and it looks
like we have something strange:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Packstation

has a note from 2008 that it's just for German parcel boxes ("This is
not an international parcel box page. If you want one, create one."). It
also shows amenity=parcel_box (which sounds reasonable) as old scheme
and at the same time it proposes a value with semicolon:

http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:vending%3Dparcel_pickup;parcel_mail_in

What should we do with it? In my opinion having popular amenity type
only for one country and using obligatory semicolon is just wrong, so I
would rather try with amenity=parcel_box, vending=parcel_box or
vending=parcel.

down" [A. Cohen]