[Tagging] new access value

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Thu Oct 8 09:54:45 UTC 2015

On Thu, Oct 08, 2015 at 05:33:12PM +1100, Warin wrote:

> I'd think here 'we' try to tag the ground truth. How it gets used should be
> a small influence, but the primary concern should be making good tags.

tagging the ground truth is good. The ground truth is "sign XXXX" at positition
lat.long. We should start doing that.
The permissions could be derived from those signs, default highway properties and
a combination of country and area specific rules.
The current apporach is a gross oversimplification with limitted validity and
applicability.

Richard