[Tagging] new access value

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu Oct 8 13:13:00 UTC 2015

I was thinking specifically of NL, where "bikes" (including their
"payloads") more than 75cm in width do not HAVE to follow compulsory
cycle tracks, i.e. they are ALLOWED to use the main carriageway. This
would include most tricycles and many bike trailers for windsurfers etc.
However they are still bicycles in all other respects. If there is an
explicit sign to forbid cycling on the main road, then I don't know what
would take precedence...

Should we introduce "maxwidth:advised=0.75" on the cycle tracks? Then we
will need something like "minwidth:bicycle=0.75" on the roads as well.

//colin