[Tagging] new access value

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 19:02:55 UTC 2015

It was my impression that the discussed had cooled down before the
moderator brought the particular mail back up after 1 of 2 days. Although
there was a particular moment that I thought, "guys, please relax, take a
deep breath", but I thought that moment was behind us.

But still I'm not in favour of a ban in this case, at least not if that one
idiom is the cause. If it is for is reaction on the moderators request, I
don't have an opinion. I think everyone has the right to defend himself and
when you are corrected via a public medium, you might react heftier than
when this is done in a face to face situation. Nevertheless the moderator
should have the last word.

I wonder whether warnings from a moderator have to be send via the mailing
list. I don't know that the policy is about this, but perhaps a private
message might be more appropriate ?

Still looking forward to a further discussion on the access-tag extension.
We need to find out whether should find a decent translation for his
Austrian case (and perhaps other rules specific for 1 country) or whether
we should go for a approximation combined with a extra tag referring to the
native word or traffic sign.

regards