[Tagging] power=* tag: minor_line vs. line

David Marchal penegal at live.fr
Tue Oct 13 15:36:45 UTC 2015

Well, I thought underground lines was to be tagged as `power=line`; besides, I thought like you at first, but I've been told on the help.openstreetmap.org link that the distribution/transmission parting should not be taken into primary consideration, maybe because the difference is not obvious for people unaccustomed with the power networks who only want to map the line they see, but primarily on a lanscape point of view, which takes sense, as a naive map reader won't try to interpret the power lines map as distribution/transmission, but mainly as landmarks, in which case the landscape criteria makes sense.