[Tagging] power=* tag: minor_line vs. line

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Tue Oct 13 22:01:36 UTC 2015

> On Oct 13, 2015, at 11:16 PM, Bryan Housel <bryan at 7thposition.com> wrote:
>
> A simper way to describe this would be to say that:
>
> `power=line` is for “transmission”
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_power_transmission
>
> `power=minor_line` is for “distribution”
> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Electric_power_distribution

+1

We can tag colour=* and other things (strobe lights/ colored balls / etc) and have maybe a hazard=* tag or something - but none of those things change the distribution or transmission nature of the lines.

Some of the transmission lines are very very big (like the gigantic power towers near my house in Japan) that dwarf the much smaller transmission lines nearby.

Is there such a thing a "regional" transmission?

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/javbw/11091407063/

Here's some large towers going through my area. They are 3 times taller than the normal distribution towers.

We really need a method to denote colored stripes
color:stripe1=white
Color:stripe2=red

Or partial color.

Color=gray