[Tagging] power=* tag: minor_line vs. line

François Lacombe fl.infosreseaux at gmail.com
Wed Oct 14 06:39:44 UTC 2015

I wonder why we can't indicate distribution/transmission in a usage=* tag ?

No one will agree on the same distinction so why are we trying to force a
part of the community in a special way to use the power=line value ?

Making such a segmentation in a power=* value, with 2 pretty equivalent
thing (line and minor_line are both using conductors linked to poles or
towers with insulators) doesn't sound so smart.

Since current "minor lines" can use old industrial transmissions systems
(big poles/metal lattice towers) going through country, can someone tell in
which way the line is minor ?

Just my 2 cents

François