[Tagging] power=* tag: minor_line vs. line

David Marchal penegal at live.fr
Wed Oct 14 15:11:22 UTC 2015

Do you mean that the landscape impact criteria is already the one used to distinguish minor_line and line?

Date: Wed, 14 Oct 2015 10:26:26 +0200
From: dieterdreist at gmail.com
To: tagging at openstreetmap.org
Subject: Re: [Tagging] power=* tag: minor_line vs. line

I agree that additional details like voltage, ref, operator etc. are nice to have, but an unambiguous decision between minor lines and transmission lines can be made much easier (you see this in most cases even from far away), and is what many mappers seem to consider sufficient, so I wouldn't deprecate this established system.

Cheers,
Martin