[Tagging] power=* tag: minor_line vs. line

John Willis johnw at mac.com
Thu Oct 15 08:06:49 UTC 2015

Javbw
> On Oct 15, 2015, at 12:11 AM, David Marchal <penegal at live.fr> wrote:
>
> Do you mean that the landscape impact criteria is already the one used to distinguish minor_line and line?

I think he means that there is usually a huge difference in voltage and line type between lines on giant towers or lines on smaller single wooden / concrete poles - and that also happens to be where a novice mapper can tell the difference in arial imagery.

Because of this, it is a good idea to differentiate between line and minor line at that point - the lines are usually a very different class, and the novice mapper can easily tell the difference from decent imagery or when directly surveying their area.

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/javbw/11091291246/

One of these things is not like the other!
Two lines and 1 minor line (at least in the foreground).

Having something be that obvious might be good for tagging and ease of mapping at the same time.