[Tagging] manège - area for horse training

Marc Zoutendijk marczoutendijk at mac.com
Thu Oct 15 19:14:57 UTC 2015

> Op 15 okt. 2015, om 19:43 heeft Philip Barnes <phil at trigpoint.me.uk> het volgende geschreven:
>
> On Thu, 2015-10-15 at 16:49 +0100, Dave F. wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> http://www.martincollins.com/Portals/0/Images/menage-surfaces/menage-surface-martin-collins.jpg
>>
>> I'm trying to find an appropriate tag for these areas used to
>> exercise/train horses. Manège seemed correct, but at only 141
>> occurrences, I'm wondering if there's a more common name in use. Any ideas?
>
> I think its a menage, thats what usually appears on planning
> applications for such things.

Check this:
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/menage <http://www.thefreedictionary.com/menage>

I don’t think that that’s what you mean.

In French Manège is the word used to descibe the collection of training facilities for horses, like stables and arenas.

Also check this:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dressage <https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dressage>

I think that what is shown on the photo in the original post is correctly called Arena.

Marc.