[Tagging] Unmarked opening hours

Craig Wallace craigw84 at fastmail.fm
Sat Oct 17 00:45:35 UTC 2015

On 2015-10-10 20:28, MichaƂ Brzozowski wrote:
> In the course of surveys, I fill in opening_hours of shops and other
> venues. Sometimes though, they are not marked outside. Therefore, when
> looking at a feature that lacks opening_hours other mappers and I
> can't tell the reason. I've been thinking of a standardized way of
> marking such cases, like:
> opening_hours:status=unmarked
> which is to be understood that mapper didn't see opening hours
> displayed outside (but other sources may be available).
> This would benefit survey planning. A mapper will know to come at
> standard business hours to ask staff and that it can take slightly
> more time to survey.

Maybe use a tag for "signed"? ie signed:opening_hours=no if they are not
displayed. Or signed:opening_hours=yes if you want to specify that they
are actually visible (that could be the default).
As it is a simple boolean value, it can easily be added with a checkbox
in the editor.

This sort of tag can be used for other attributes, ie signed:name,
signed:ref, signed:name:fr etc. There already is some use of these tags
(or the variations name:signed etc).

Craig