[Tagging] how to tag a "highway" that doesn't exist?

Andy Townsend ajt1047 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 10:46:24 UTC 2015

On 22/10/2015 11:18, Colin Smale wrote:

> On 2015-10-22 11:27, Andy Townsend wrote:
>

>> I'd agree with that.  I can think of more than a few examples of "the
>> road/path used to go here, but now it doesn't", and even if the
>> imagery gets updated, underlying GPS traces won't.
> Has anyone thought of a way of limiting returned GPS traces to a
> certain date range? So you can look at traces since or before a
> certain change in the road layout?

It's tricky, since the traces involved aren't just the OSM ones - they
also include Strava and potentially others.

With regard to OSM ones, in JOSM you can get information on some traces
trace-by-trace, but it's a bit clumsy to use regularly. Traces in P2 and
iD's "GPS traces tiles" such as
http://gps-b.tile.openstreetmap.org/lines/15/16256/10660.png via
https://github.com/ericfischer/gpx-updater are one-way I believe - GPS
traces go in, but never come out.