[Tagging] tunnel=culvert

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Sun Oct 25 10:55:22 UTC 2015

On Sun, Oct 25, 2015 at 07:29:02PM +0900, johnw wrote:

> > On Oct 25, 2015, at 6:27 PM, Ineiev <ineiev at gnu.org> wrote:
> >
> >> In my eyes it is the same case as with a
> >> railway=level_crossing. We map it as a node (and only as a node).
> >> Did I miss something?
> >
> > In this case, the highway and the railway share the same level.
>
> +1
>
> the rail and road share an intersection. it is a level crossing. The whole point of a level crossing is to say “Hey!” the road and train meet here! that’s why they share the node.

it is not that simple. Ways covered by objects are mapped as having shared nodes
with the object covering them. Pylons connect objects/ways of different layers and
are frequently mapped as nodes.

Nodes and layer are difficult. Usually "layer" on a node does not make
sense but can be defined to have a special meaning.

Richard