[Tagging] tunnel=culvert

Georg Feddern osm at bavarianmallet.de
Sun Oct 25 12:12:16 UTC 2015

Hello,

Am 25.10.2015 um 11:44 schrieb Gerd Petermann:

> I do not fully agree here. In Germany, I often see a traffic sign
> "Vorsicht Düker"
>
> (~ "Attention! Culvert") next to these culverts.
>
> I am not sure why I should pay attention, but it seems that some
>
> people think that the traffic on the road should notify it.
>
> Maybe because it also often means that there is a
>
> barrier=fence along the road.
>

> In fact I thought that these signs are the explanation for the
>
> use of tunnel=culvert on a node.

please be careful:
A "Düker" is not a normal "culvert"!
At a culvert the water is flowing on the same level in the culvert,
normally with airy room above water level in the culvert.
At a "Düker" the water is "pressured" on a level below the normal water
level through the "Düker", so there is no room above water level.
The normal road traffic has not to obey these sign - but any street work
or use (crawling ;) ) at the waterside.

Georg