[Tagging] http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Bicycle

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Thu Oct 29 09:34:23 UTC 2015

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 3:04 PM, Hubert <sg.forum at gmx.de> wrote:

> I'm sorry Paul, but I still don't understand what your issue is exactly.
> Do you get an error message or similar in JOSM? What do you mean by
> "drafting out the lanes"?
> And in OSMAND the only "lane rendering" I know of is when you enable "Show
> lanes" for routing purposes. Is that what you mean?
> Could you post a picture/screenshot of the problem?
> But from what I believe to read from this correspondence, it’s seems to be
> a problem with JOSM or OSMAND and not whit the definition of the "lanes=*"
> key of the "*:lanes=*" suffix.

Bicycle lanes are lanes of travel, and may or may not be exclusive to
bicycle traffic, and may or may not be the outermost lane of travel.
Discounting this and only including cycleway=lane doesn't indicate which
lane the bike lane is, and will cause lane guidance to be incorrect as a
result (just as if you were to set the lane count short one lane in other
contexts).