[Tagging] How to tag a weigh station / bridge ?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Oct 29 11:29:19 UTC 2015

> The wiki is weird in listing spelling variations as "see also",
> in particular as these are redlinks. This should read "do not
> use those other variations".

it's still a bit unclear, which variation makes it, as amenity=weighbridge
itself has less than 400 occurencies at the moment, my guess is that these
alternate links have been set up for this reason (i.e. those are actually
used variants, and they are not clearly much fewer than the documented tag).

Especially the

   - man_made <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:man_made>=
   weighing_scale
   <http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/w/index.php?title=Tag:man_made%3Dweighing_scale&action=edit&redlink=1>

could have different meaning (like those "automatic" scales you can
encounter in public places, where you insert a dime and get your weight
told, e.g. https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/politikbasis/5736595172

Cheers,

Martin