[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Site Relation
noreply at freedom-x.de
Sun Sep 6 20:07:59 UTC 2015
The relation type=site proposal  has been around for seven years
now. Milliams is the original creator of the draft while Joshdoe
cleaned up the proposal page, added some to the discussion and also
sent out an RFC in 2011 .
The relation has a bit of troubled history since the original idea -
usage for a typical school - is strongly discouraged now. The RFC
brought up the point that the relation is not needed if the feature
can be represented by a polygon.
The definition now is: "A way to group features (represented by
nodes/ways/areas/relations) which belong together but cannot be
adequately described by an area/multipolygon. [...] This relation is
understood to group man-made objects. For groups of natural objects
which share the same name see proposed relation Cluster. "
Further changes since the last RFC:
* The key site=* has been deprecated, better use the full tag instead
* The label role has been removed since this is strongly resisted by
* The entrance role has been removed since it did not fit the new
definition. Discussion is ongoing to readd it.
* The perimeter role has been moved to a sub-proposal with new definition.
* Documented usage examples from the wiki have been added.
I'd like to bring your attention to the proposal. Please visit the
proposal page  and add your comments to the discussion.
Cheers, Joachim (Jojo4u)
More information about the Tagging