[Tagging] Xxzme edit of wiki proposed features page voting

Tobias Knerr osm at tobias-knerr.de
Sat Sep 19 19:36:39 UTC 2015

On 19.09.2015 08:32, Warin wrote:
> Category:Proposed_features_ "Voting"
> Category:Proposals with "Voting" status
>
> not a large change but ... where is there any though to others? After
> his past history I would have though some consultation would be a the
> first step, rather than just do it. I see little advantage to the change.

Well, Xxzme is now banned for life, so I don't think there will be an
answer from them. I agree with you that this was not adequately
discussed in advance.

Even if we agree to keep the new name, the old category should still not
simply be deleted, but probably turned into a redirect instead. Ideally
it should have been moved, rather than copied, in the first place – but
that's pretty hard to fix now without admin rights.

In any case, there will be a lot of cleanup work for us now.