[Tagging] accordion gate & rolling double-track gate

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Thu Sep 24 11:02:13 UTC 2015

:

> I would tag second gate mentioned like this: barrier=gate;
> gate:type=rolling (
> http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/keys/gate%3Atype#values). Isn't used
> very often but sounds valid for me. (maybe with automatic=yes/no)
>
> The first one is more complicated. There doesn't seem to be any reference
> objects in the database (haven't seen something similar in taginfo). But I
> for my self wouldn't create another barrier tag and stick to a new
> gate:type=accordion.

+1
I agree that these are all barrier=gate and that there could be a subtag
for the specific type of gate.

Looking this up, there are already some gate:type in the db:
http://taginfo.osm.org/keys/gate%3Atype#values
The key "gate" is used even more, but with lots of "non-typology" values
and generally no system (88 different values vs. 15):
http://taginfo.osm.org/keys/gate#values

I've added a paragraph to the gate definition in the wiki, hoping we can
get to some proposal for these:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:barrier%3Dgate#Additional_details

cheers,
Martin