[Tagging] How to tag cricket nets?

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 08:47:06 UTC 2015

sent from a phone

> Am 29.09.2015 um 06:08 schrieb Andrew Harvey <andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com>:
>
> I'm more in favour of this.
>
> I've been tagging cricket nets as sport=cricket_nets, but I'm thinking they should be sport=cricket (because they are related to the sport of cricket) and use another tag to indicate they are training nets

maybe we should distinguish them in the main tag, like
leisure =driving_range
sport=golf

or
leisure =cricket_net
sport=cricket
?

(the sport tag might even be redundant in these cases, but I d likely put it nonetheless)

Having a generic leisure=practice_facility and sport=* won't help a lot without an additional subtag because the nature of these facilities is very different according to the sport that is trained.

Some of these might be standalone without any related main structure (there was a golf practicing structure in the very center of Berlin (after a stadion was demolished ) with a driving range and a putting green --- now replaced by a huge government facility: http://osm.org/go/0MbFHl4q?m=
Others are integrated into a bigger sports structure

cheers
Martin