[Tagging] How to tag cricket nets?

Andrew Harvey andrew.harvey4 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 29 04:08:31 UTC 2015

On 29 September 2015 at 12:13, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have come up with
>
> leisure=exercise?
>
> exercise=cricket_nets  description: A fenced area where cricket batting
> and bowling can be practiced.
>
> And then there can be other 'exercise'
>
> exercise=exercise_station  example: small areas set aside in parks with
> features to provide specific exercises. Usually free.

http://taginfo.openstreetmap.org/tags/leisure=fitness_station already
exists for that.

leisure=practice_pitch ?

> sport=cricket, basketball etc ... this would indicate it is a
> practice pitch .. and that the full sport is played elsewhere.

I'm more in favour of this.

I've been tagging cricket nets as sport=cricket_nets, but I'm thinking they
should be sport=cricket (because they are related to the sport of cricket)
and use another tag to indicate they are training nets.

I would prefer something which tagged these as cricket nets, not just
cricket pitches used for practice as there could be practice pitches which
aren't nets.