[Tagging] Proposal for standardization of sidewalk schema (+ import)

Warin 61sundowner at gmail.com
Tue Aug 2 10:49:00 UTC 2016

On 8/2/2016 6:03 PM, François Lacombe wrote:

> [Sent from a phone]
>
> Hi all,
>
> To begin with positive side of things, big thank you Meg to propose a
> consistent and scalable scheme out of this mess.
> I completely agree with the current lack of consistency and would like
> to encourage the search of better description and network approach
>
> What about situations when pavement areas are drawn with areas + multi
> polygon involving buildings around a whole block ?
> Should the ways you propose come over this ?

There are also steps ... and steps drawn as areas ... some as trapezoids
.. some as rectangles with a different number of steps from one side to
the other.

And pavement areas under buildings, train and road ways ... inside
tunnels, on covered bridges .. lots of variations.

Some roads have a fence on the dividing strip between opposing traffic
specifically to stop pedestrians from crossing the roadway.