[Tagging] Proposal for standardization of sidewalk schema (+ import)

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Thu Aug 4 08:06:27 UTC 2016

On Thu, Aug 4, 2016 at 3:35 AM, Mike Thompson <miketho16 at gmail.com> wrote:
> I tested out the proposed mapping/tagging scheme in my local area
> (http://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=17/40.49192/-105.05655 - not claiming I
> did it perfectly). I didn't think it was especially difficult. Drawing the
> additional ways took a little more time, but offered the advantage that you
> received a good visual as to whether all the sidewalks had been correctly
> mapped.

Did you miss the crossing of the Stanton Creek Drive near the
roundabout  ? Proves the argument that it is very likely that one will
crossings :-)
And without those extra ways, a router will probably allow you to
cross Tortola way while walking allow Basseterre Place on the south
side. Now it, will have to route you south to the roundabout.

regards