[Tagging] Mapping amenity=prison

Tom Pfeifer t.pfeifer at computer.org
Tue Aug 9 21:29:26 UTC 2016

Martin Koppenhoefer wrote on 2016/08/09 22:20:
>> Il giorno 09 ago 2016, alle ore 18:54, Kevin Kenny <kevin.b.kenny+osm at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>>
>> What I'm thinking is to put amenity=prison on the whole area and then barrier=wall or barrier=fence on the enclosure.
>
> sounds reasonable to me

When it is a bit of green space around, visitor/staff parking etc, I'd agree.

When it comes to farmland, I would not consider it part of the amenity. It might
be operated by the facility, fine. But as we do not tag ownership, the fact that
is owned by the institution would not make it part of the amenity.

tom