[Tagging] Satellite visibility of archaeological sites

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 11:53:50 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 23 ago 2016, alle ore 13:42, Bjoern Hassler <bjohas+mw at gmail.com> ha scritto:
>
> However, I'd like to add something like "visibility", indicating whether the site is clearly visible from a satellite image (and may thus be worth visiting).
>
> What do you think? What tag should I use?

I don't think there is a strong relationship between visibility on aerial imagery and worthiness of a visit, e.g. some sites are underground or covered by trees or protective roofs, and there are other features that determine the interestingness of a site than pure size/extent.

If I encountered a tag "visibility" I would expect it to be the visibility on the ground, not from aerial imagery.

cheers,
Martin