[Tagging] cave_entrance. ref and name

Richard ricoz.osm at gmail.com
Sun Aug 28 11:31:02 UTC 2016

On Sat, Aug 27, 2016 at 03:59:11PM +0200, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> It seems not very consistent that the wiki suggests the tag "cave:ref" for
> the ref of the cave but "name" for the name of the cave.
>
> http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Tag:natural%3Dcave_entrance
>
> I would suggest "cave:name" for the name of the cave.

Btw, I am also working on
  http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/natural%3Dcave
which would
 * allow mapping the inside of caves
 * introduce relation type=cave to group together attributes and elements
   of caves

So if you have several cave entrances belonging to a cave you could have
a relation specifying the name of the cave and entrances with own names.

Richard