[Tagging] Bus bays

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 17:39:01 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Il giorno 29 ago 2016, alle ore 09:23, Max <abonnements at revolwear.com> ha scritto:
>
> BTW,
> I've seen that in some places the bus bays are removed and replaced by the opposite. Bus peninsulas if you want. that makes the traffic stop when a bus is at the bus stop and removes the dangerous situation of a car overtaking while a bus is at the stop.

this depends on the traffic density, on big roads there's usually tens of cars passing while a bus stops, and pedestrians won't cross outside of signal controlled crossings anyway, while in small streets with few traffic  people getting off the bus might be more likely tempted to cross the street without paying proper attention to passing vehicles.

cheers,
Martin