[Tagging] Roads with no speed limits

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Tue Aug 30 12:07:58 UTC 2016

On 2016-08-30 13:59, David Marchal wrote:

> AFAIK, no maxspeed value means that the default maximum speed for this type of road in this area applies, so I wouldn't add this tag when there is no sign;

Are you sure the type of road *for these purposes* can be derived from
the other tagging? Is it (hypothetically) urban or rural? As the highway
type is sometimes tagged subjectively (if a road "feels" important it
might get bumped up from tertiary to secondary) that may lead to wrong
conclusions about the maxspeed.

//Colin