[Tagging] 'ongoing' U-turn restriction

Colin Smale colin.smale at xs4all.nl
Thu Dec 8 11:25:56 UTC 2016

Martin, your interpretation is jurisdiction-dependant. There is
sometimes a distinction between single and double lines as well
(Queensland is an example I just found). The objectively verifiable fact
is the road marking, thereafter you have to interpret the local laws to
understand its effect. A no-overtaking sign is just as "variable" as a
continuous line - it can mean different things in different
jurisdictions.

If we map the road markings and signs, we cannot be wrong. If we try to
map their effects, and do it badly, we will miss a lot of information
which may be relevant to e.g. motorcyclists or tractor drivers. Mapping
the effects properly is a lot of work.... "no overtaking except to pass
agricultural vehicles or one motorcycle without sidecar overtaking
another, PLUS no turning to cross the line except to access a property
for vehicles < 3.5t" (random invention but perfectly existable)

//colin