[Tagging] Tagging scrapyards, junkyards

John F. Eldredge john at jfeldredge.com
Mon Feb 1 00:25:25 UTC 2016

The usual arrangement is that reasonably-intact vehicles are kept as a
parts source for some period of time, then whatever is left is
eventually sold to another facility that handles recycling of bulk scrap
metal.  Badly damaged vehicles may go immediately to the latter
facility.  Back in the 1980s, I worked as a security guard at a facility
that handled the bulk-metal-recycling step.