[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Discourage tourism=gallery

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Mon Feb 1 23:57:40 UTC 2016

On 2016년 02월 02일 00:38, Max wrote:
> Browsing in the wiki I can see where all the confusion comes from.
> Basically the wiki is saying that anything showing art is a gallery,
> while the word museum is reserved for science and history.

Ironically the image in the wiki for tourism=museum shows the national
GALLERY. (which should be tagged museum, but the national gallery is
showing art which the wiki is not mentioning, only "exhibitions on
scientific, historical, cultural topics")
It's a mess.

> Obviously that's not the case and should be fixed.

I think there is a need for sub tags in tourism=museum so that we can
distinguish between a science, history, tech, ....or art museum.