[Tagging] Feature Proposal - RFC - Discourage tourism=gallery

Max abonnements at revolwear.com
Wed Feb 3 20:52:05 UTC 2016

On 2016년 02월 03일 10:27, Martin Koppenhoefer wrote:
> I'd prefer amenity=museum, but I see that putting it under the tourism
> key is quite established so it would have to be discussed if a change
> would make sense (if it hurts less to do this change one and forever or
> if it is better to bear the little pain when putting tourism=museum as
> main tag on a museum).
>
> I would be more explicit with the key names, to avoid situations like
> amenity=parking, parking=surface, surface=asphalt ;-)
>
> amenity (or tourism)=museum
> museum_type (or museum_for or museum:topic or ...) = art / railway /
> history / war / mathematics / ...
> art_form = painting / photography / sculpture / prints / ....
> art_genre = still_life / landscape / portrait / religious / .... (if
> applicable, many collections will be more diverse, but some might be
> specialized)
> art_style = expressionism / futurism / impressionism / mannerism / ...
> (if applicable)

So we are now at:
tourism=museum (nicer would be amenity, but for the sake of not changing
too much)
museum:topic= art / railway / history / war / mathematics / ...
art_form = painting / photography / sculpture / video / ....
art_genre = still_life / landscape / portrait / religious / .... (if
applicable, many collections will be more diverse, but some might be
specialized)
art_style = expressionism / futurism / impressionism / mannerism / ...

Additionally
amenity=contemporary_art_gallery

and
shop=art

That sounds good to me.
Maybe we should have a way to add the names of the artist this gallery
represents?

Are there any objections to this?