[Tagging] highway=crossing and crossing=*

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Sat Feb 6 12:28:56 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Am 06.02.2016 um 11:04 schrieb Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com>:
>
> So the 'problem' of conflicting crossing= tags may be better served by requesting mappers to only declare one crossing= tag .. either;

I don't see the problem of possibly conflicting tagging: it indicates an error. If you ask to only put the crossing tag on one element then you'll likely get the same errors, just that you can't find them automatically any more. On a bigger crossing over several carriageways there might also be both present: uncontrolled (zebra-) crossings and traffic lights. I'm adding the crossing=* to nodes on the carriageways that are crossed, and believe that it belongs there.

cheers,
Martin