[Tagging] Do-it-yourself versus hardware stores

Tod Fitch tod at fitchdesign.com
Tue Feb 9 02:28:37 UTC 2016

> On Feb 8, 2016, at 6:09 PM, Greg Troxel <gdt at ir.bbn.com> wrote:
>

> Martin Koppenhoefer <dieterdreist at gmail.com> writes:
>
>> how do we tag "do it yourself"-shops where you can buy material (e.g. wood)
>> and use their tools and space to build something?
>
> That's totally different.  I know of only places to do painting/make
> ceramics or some similar craft (as a party destination) and beer.

The only one I am familiar with is the TechShop in San Jose, California:

https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/1768788324

Not sure I’d have tagged it as leisure=hackerspace as that implies software and/or electronics to me and this place also has machine tools and some automotive repair equipment. Even though I probably wouldn’t have tagged it that way, I don’t really have an opinion on a better tag.