[Tagging] Do-it-yourself versus hardware stores

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 9 08:19:15 UTC 2016

sent from a phone

> Am 09.02.2016 um 08:45 schrieb Paul Johnson <baloo at ursamundi.org>:
>
> I believe that would generally be known as a "makerspace", though I'm not sure what the tag would be.

makerspace to me has the connotation of "high tech", industrial machines in household scale (e.g. 3D printers, lasercutters, CNC mills, soldering electronic parts, etc.), and it sounds like "less for profit" (i.e. more hobbyists and not a "true business"). Maybe this word is used differently around the world?

cheers,
Martin