[Tagging] Feature Proposal - Voting (reminder) - Jewellery shop

Dave Swarthout daveswarthout at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 02:59:23 UTC 2016

You are making a mountain out of a molehill, IMO. If the so called American
variant is the one most used, I see no point in changing it. Besides,
language is constantly evolving, often in the interest of making words
simpler, and perhaps it's time for the needless double "L" in jewellry to
bid a fond farewell to the OSM scene.

On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 8:08 AM, Warin <61sundowner at gmail.com> wrote:

> If us_en is allowed once .. it may well become the dominate entry. Then OSM will have a few remaining tag using uk-en and these will then be subject to change to us-en.
>
> Fight it here, overcome it and it can be overcome again.
> I have nothing against other languages being used .. provided they are specific to that culture. Jewellery is fairly universal and should use uk-en.
>

> On 15/02/2016 11:56 AM, Hakuch wrote:
>
> oh my god, I didn't recognize that this was a real proposal process and
> a voting already has started.
>
> I also love to care for more consistency in the data, but this will
> result in the straight opposite of consistency. With 20.000 against 200,
>  and "Editors and data consumers only support the American variant"
> (quoted from your proposal) we already HAVE consistency, you are going
> to destroy this just because of a language issue. You will create
> unneccessary confusion and work, that could be invested in much better
> projects for consistency.
>
> I cant understand, that you want to damage a such well-supported tagging
> scheme just for consistency on a very needelssly level.
>
> On 15.02.2016 00:43, Matthijs Melissen wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> Voting for the proposal to replace shop=jewelry by shop=jewellery is still open.
>
> The proposal can be found here:http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Proposed_features/Jewellery_shop
>
> I would like to thank all voters in advance for their contribution.
>
> -- Matthijs

Dave Swarthout
Homer, Alaska
Chiang Mai, Thailand