[Tagging] Wharf

Volker Schmidt voschix at gmail.com
Tue Feb 16 14:46:58 UTC 2016

Wharf (US English) and Quay (British English) seem to be equivalent and
describe a fixed structure that has land on one side and water on the
other, but the French môle or brise-lames is different: it is a structure
that protrudes into the water, but is normally narrow and often there is
not even a walkway on it. It's also uses in German: Mole