[Tagging] man_made=mast for non communication uses?

Marc Gemis marc.gemis at gmail.com
Thu Feb 18 10:40:49 UTC 2016

On Thu, Feb 18, 2016 at 11:06 AM, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> "High masts may be fastened to ground with guy wires."
>
> actually any mast may be fastened to the ground by guy wires, also low ones.
> I propose to remove the word "high".

Does "Masts may be fastened to ground with guy wires" helps in the
classification ? You want to drop "It is often build from concrete or
steel" because it does not help. The guy wires sentence looks exactly
the same. It's only when it has guy wires that you know that it is a
mast and not a tower.

Shouldn't we try to rewrite the page so that we have "if it has
characteristic X, it is a mast" of "If it characteristic Y is it
definitely not a tower/mast"

I would like to see something

"When the structure is fastened with guy wires, you can map it as
mast. It is not a tower in this case".
"When the structure is made from steel or concrete, it is not a tower,
it could be a mast though"  (maybe not the best example).