[Tagging] landuse=commercial

Bryan Housel bryan at 7thposition.com
Fri Feb 19 16:52:39 UTC 2016

Agreed, I was mainly responding to Martin’s suggestion that landuse tags might correspond exactly to detailed planning zones.   I feel that assuming so would be a huge mistake.

Just hoping to reign the discussion back before people start arguing about tagging stuff which they don’t understand.

If we’re not careful, someone might actually propose tags like "landuse=R2;infill + landuse:special_zoning_district=EC2” which is both meaningless outside of NYC and probably obsolete as soon as I typed it.