[Tagging] Voting rules

Martin Koppenhoefer dieterdreist at gmail.com
Tue Feb 23 10:33:14 UTC 2016

I feel voting count is broken for some time. Has there been a formal
proceduce to change the way we count the votes? How was this procedure
introduced?

Example, the current jeweller voting:
Voting closed
Voting on this proposal has been closed.
It was provisionally rejected with 40 votes for, 18 votes against and 4
abstentions.
Approval rate: 68.97%. Less than required 74% so provisional rejection;
proposer to make final call.

Shall we really require three quarters approvement for a vote to pass? Even
to change the constitution, in many countries you do not need more approval
than two thirds.

Cheers,
Martin