[Tagging] Voting rules

Matthijs Melissen info at matthijsmelissen.nl
Tue Feb 23 11:09:13 UTC 2016

On 23 February 2016 at 11:33, Martin Koppenhoefer
<dieterdreist at gmail.com> wrote:
> I feel voting count is broken for some time. Has there been a formal
> proceduce to change the way we count the votes? How was this procedure
> introduced?
>
> Example, the current jeweller voting:
> Voting closed
> Voting on this proposal has been closed.
> It was provisionally rejected with 40 votes for, 18 votes against and 4
> abstentions.
> Approval rate: 68.97%. Less than required 74% so provisional rejection;
> proposer to make final call.

For my proposals, I follow the currently documented process with 74%
approval, and therefore consider the jewellery proposal rejected.

However, I think a discussion about a lower threshold, and in general
a formal approval of the voting guidelines by the community, would be
very useful.

-- Matthijs